Appliances Connection - Received Damaged $1,100.00 Broan Range Hood 48"
Update added by user Oct 21, 2013
Well...It has been more than 30 days since I realized just how bad this company is and to update everyone - nothing has changed. Appliances Connection has still not picked up the damaged range hood which is taking up an inordinate amount of space in my living room and still has not made arrangements to deliver a new, undamaged unit. They continue to play games. On October 9, 2013 they sent me an update and invoice saying they were going to replace, but after numerous inquiries as to when I haven't received word one.
This company must make more money doing business in this manner than they would on repeat business. Had this order been fulfilled as expected I still had more appliances to order, i.e. dishwasher, wine cooler, fridge, etc. I am just grateful that I learned what they are all about before ordering more appliances.
Bottom line - still no satisfaction from this company!
Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2013
Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as many others). Even after we took the top of the box off it looked fine until we preparing to install and looked at the underneath which is severely dented and also appears to have manufacturer defects. I was unable to lift item on my own and shippers didn’t offer to help.
Within a few days I contacted them about the damaged, defective item and waited 6 days for them to contact me about complaint. When they did they were verbally abusive and threatening ( I don’t scare easy – I fight back). Told them I would be contacting New York AG and Maine AG. Aaron told me to go ahead as they were friends with the New York AG, which might explain why this company has gotten away with these tactics time and time again.
Aaron told me I was going to have to pay to ship it back – are you kidding me – you send me *** and I am supposed to pay. Try that with someone else Aaron. He told me he was a Brooklyn *** and that they knew how to “handle” people from Maine – what in the *** does that mean?????? That guy came up to Maine and approached people in this manner and he would leave with his tail between his legs – yes, I am sure he must have a tail. I have purchased many items throughout my life as we all have, but have never encountered anyone so abusive, rude, crude and so many other adjectives. I hung up on him as I do not deal with trash.
He called me back and said I would not have to pay for shipping and the item would be picked up and replaced at the same time but I would have to pay for item again – yes all
$1,100.00. Never heard of such a thing and I have returned items before. He told me he would send me an email with instructions on how to give them my cc info. I told him I would be looking for it to hand over to my brother who is an attorney. Guess what never received that email. My brother by the way said “no way” and agreed the AG’s need to be notified which will happen first thing Monday morning. It is appalling that we allow companies such as this to operate in our country. In my opinion they need to be shut down and quickly. There are so many reviews that are so similar in problems and AP tactics (too many to count), please do yourself a favor and do not order from this company or you too could become a victim.
After a few days a guy named Calvin called me and harassed me because I did not fall for his tricks, attempting to get me to pay for shipping for a damaged appliance I received. When that didn’t work and I hung up he kept calling me and pleaded with me to listen as he was “going to help me out”. Again they wanted me to pay for the appliance again just like with Aaron. By the way he told me there was no Aaron there. I also spoke with a Samantha who again was some imaginery person. They say they are going to deliver and pick up the damaged appliance and then say they need you to pay for it again, until they get it back. Well if you are delivery and picking up on same day as you stated – what the *** are they trying to pull. He also said they would help me after I removed the much deserved bad reviews. I have also contacted Broan-Nutone. These companies should not allow outfits such as this to sell their products.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Broan 48 Stainless Steel Range Hood
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."