Appliances Connection Sofa Review from Whittier, California
I ordered sofa but when it arrived it was broken in the box.
I requested return but they charged $460 for delivery round.
They are doing a business from delivery by sending broken things and charging delivery fee which is almost half price of the ordered thing.
How can I claim
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "As of today, I've yet to receive my couches and I'm currently on hold (12 minutes and counting). I am a single mother and just moved into a house. My old..."
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I paid for 4000 grafts and only 200 grafts grew. went to get my money back , he refused accusing me of blackmailing him. He may say that this was..."
- "I had a blouse posted with the exact picture from designers site, the buyer purchased it without asking questions. I shipped, next day. She filed a complaint that colors were..."
- "My vehicle caught fire park in my driveway, fire department said it was a electricial fire, it started in the back of the van, sorry to say l did not..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."